Who am I?

Here you go, because I confuse people somehow. 


I am a tech geek. I have a computer science degree focused on animation and games, and I love coding, hacking, homelabs, gaming, and game development. I keep up with tech and coding news and love my gadgets. I eschew business and those who are only in tech for the money or because they didn't know what else to do. 


I am a digital artist and animator. I love Art Fight and creating fantasy illustrations. I dream of having my own booth at a con's artist alley one day. 


I am a fantasy and science fiction writer. I read daily and aim to become published in order to write full time. 


I am a fan. I love books, movies, games, anime. When I get into a world or franchise, I go all-in. I enjoy conventions for this reason and attend at least 3 per year (SDCC, FanX, and LTUE). 


I am a musician. I play clarinet and piano and dream of playing classically as part of a wind symphony. I listen to lots of music too. 


I am a roller coaster enthusiast. I count credits and travel across the globe chasing them. I am fascinated by the engineering, design, math, and physics behind amusement park attractions, and wish to design my own. I also love water slides, carnivals, and fall fairs. My love of animation and theming also means that Disney parks are huge for me. Some of my favorite topics to study that relate to theme parks and give me inspiration for my own ride ideas include dinosaurs, space, and national parks. 


I am a hybrid athlete. Bodybuilding, distance running, and yoga are my three sports, and I strive for excellence in each, running 60 (and hopefully soon 70) mile weeks and lifting 6 days a week. I lift for aesthetics, to build the physique I've always wanted to have, and I run because it's so simple: the fastest person wins. 


And finally, I'm a romantic. Love above all; "I did it all for love." Because reality is never up to what I want it to be, and it feels like we live in a place where dreams go to die, most of my favorite songs are sad and some are even aggressive at the same time. After all, sadness changes into anger. But underneath it all is this burning romanticism, the longing for the "other" that I can't seem to find, it drives everything. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dream jobs list

St. George Marathon: 3:08, but at what cost? 💩 (TMI alert)

Introspection time